My Practice Approach
My goal is to be a 100% virtual and paperless practice. I use technology and tools that allow me to serve you remotely. By the end of 2024, I will be entirely virtual, no physical office and no paper. Prior to the pandemic, my approach was considered leading edge. Now, it is typical.
I spent fifteen of my public accounting years building a small local firm into an area powerhouse. In 2015, I decided I wanted something different out of life. While I only practice part-time now, I am having a blast teaching and training the next generation, and serving my small group of select clients.
If you are adept at working in the digital age – scanning, emailing, and connecting through technology – then I am here to serve you. My practice is low touch and high tech. If you need more extensive and personal support, then I can refer you to some of my wonderful colleagues here in town. Sure, they charge quite a bit more, but you will get the level of service that fits your needs.
Meet the Team
Okay – it’s just me for now and likely will stay that way.
(my lovely assistant – my wife – will sometimes answer the office phone and my son helps me with administrative tasks)
I have over 30 years of professional experience, including public accounting and industry. I have both national firm and local firm experience, and multiple successful exits from the turnaround companies I was privileged to serve. If I can’t help, I probably know someone who can.
Me in Alaska
Today, I limit my practice to local small businesses and the folks who own them. I prepare individual and business income tax returns and can represent you before the IRS if needed.
- Integrity – Be honest and talk plainly. Take care with our promises and honor those we make.
- Professionalism – Treat everyone with respect. Remain objective, but advocate with skill for all clients.
- Courage – Recognize the fear of change. Do not give courage a back seat to discomfort.
- Knowledge – Hold tight to a life-long love of learning. Ours is a knowledge-based business.
- Kindness – Care for the less fortunate. We do not know the burdens others carry just by looking.